Chip Ganassi Racing
- Date of Birth: May 09, 1975
- Home: Omaha, Nebraska
- Website: http://www.briandeegan.com
- 2015: 8 starts, 1 podium, 3 heat wins, 229 points, 10th overall (Supercars)
- 2014: 5 starts, 1 podium, 1 heat win, 140 points, 12th overall (Supercars)
- 2013: 9 starts, 3 podiums, 4 heat wins, 106 points, 4th overall (Supercars)
- 2012: 6 starts, 5 podiums, 5 heat wins, 84 points, 2nd overall (Supercars)
- 2011: 4 starts, 1 win, 2 podiums, 3 heat wins, 54 points, 9th overall (Supercars)
- CAREER: 32 starts, 1 win, 12 podiums, 16 heat wins, 614 points (Supercars)
Brian Deegan is back, and the rest of the world had better watch out.
After scaling back to part-time competition for the past two years, Deegan has shifted his sights on capturing his first Red Bull Global Rallycross championship in 2016. He’ll be stepping up to full-time status with Loenbro Chip Ganassi Racing after an eight-race commitment last year.
Despite missing multiple races in each of the past two seasons, Deegan is one of only two drivers (alongside Tanner Foust) to score a podium finish in every Red Bull GRC season. Last year’s podium came in the second Los Angeles race, where “The General” threw everything he could at leader Scott Speed to try and snag the victory before settling for second. He also added three heat victories, his highest total in two years.
Even with roughly a full season of missed races along the way, Deegan still ranks in the top five in Supercar history in podiums and heat wins, and in the top 10 in points. That makes him a perfect fit for the Ganassi squad, which had numerous strong runs with Deegan, Steve Arpin, and Jeff Ward last year.
But both driver and team are especially hungry for one thing: a win. Deegan’s last victory in a final came back in 2011, while Ganassi is still searching for its first to go along with countless wins in other forms of motorsport.
If there’s any pairing in the series that’s primed to make serious waves this year, it has to be this one. And if Deegan and Ganassi can take that first main event win early? There may be no stopping them.