- Home: Joensuu, Finland
- Website: http://www.heikkinen.fi/toomas/
- CHAMPIONSHIPS: Supercars 2013
- 2014: 1 start, best finish 16th, ineligible for points (Supercars)
- 2013: 9 starts, 5 wins, 8 podiums, 9 heat wins, 169 points, 1st overall (Supercars)
- 2012: 4 starts, best finish 4th, 1 heat win, 33 points, 14th overall (Supercars)
- CAREER: 14 starts, 5 wins, 8 podiums, 10 heat wins, 202 points (Supercars)
It may have only been a matter of time to those in the know, but to casual observers, Toomas Heikkinen truly arrived in a big way in the 2013 Red Bull Global Rallycross season. After an uneven, injury-marred 2012, the young Finnish phenom set a series record with five consecutive wins and earned his first series title.
It was as consistent of a season as Heikkinen and Olsbergs MSE could have hoped for. They kicked off the year with podiums in Brazil and the first Munich round, and with wins at every race from Munich to Atlanta, the combination earned all five of its wins in a span of only 42 days.
But all good things must come to an end, and Heikkinen jumped ship for the 2014 season to race with Marklund Motorsport. Red Bull GRC fans will only see the defending champion at X Games, where he will face one of the deepest and most potent fields in series history as he attempts to defend last year’s gold medal from the final X Games Los Angeles. It’ll be an incredible challenge, but Heikkinen hopes to be up to the task.