Global Rallycross All-Time Statistical Leaders Heading Into Charlotte
September 17, 2013
Some facts and figures going into the Sylvania SilverStar zXe Global Rallycross at Charlotte Motor Speedway, the penultimate round of the 2013 GRC season:
- There have been 21 Global Rallycross races since the series’ inception in 2011. Only Tanner Foust has competed in all 21 events; Dave Mirra and Brian Deegan are tied for second on the all-time list with 17 starts apiece. 49 drivers have competed in at least one GRC Supercars race.
- Current championship leader Toomas Heikkinen and Marcus Gronholm, former teammates at OlsbergsMSE, are tied for the all-time GRC Supercars win record, with five victories each. Foust, also at OMSE, ranks behind them with four victories, while Liam Doran has two and five drivers have one each.
- Ford is the all-time manufacturer wins leader, with 17. Citroen has two, while Dodge and MINI have one victory apiece.
- Foust is the all-time leader in podium finishes with 13. Deegan ranks second with nine, Gronholm has eight, and Heikkinen has seven (all scored this season). The top non-OMSE driver is Stephan Verdier, who ranks fifth all-time with four podium finishes.
- Foust also leads the series in points scored with 335, an average of nearly 16 points per race. Deegan ranks second with 223, Heikkinen is third with 172, Rhys Millen is fourth with 158, and Gronholm’s 155 points leave him fifth. Having only run eight races, Gronholm’s average of 19.375 points per race is far and away the best all-time mark.
- With 15 career bonus points scored in heat victories, Foust is also the all-time leader in that category. Deegan ranks second with 11, while Block is third with 10.
- There have been 15 last chance qualifiers in GRC history since last season (eight in 2012, including two per event at Texas and Los Angeles, and seven in 2013). 12 different drivers have won LCQs, with Stephan Verdier (three) and Brian Deegan (two) the only drivers to win more than once.
Photo credit: QBA/QNIGAN.com